Additional Usage Notes
Where is my data stored?
- All generated images and associated prompt history and configuration metadata are available for inspection and download through the webui in the 'file explorer' tab.
- Image data is stored in /home/ubuntu/stable-diffusion-webui/outputs/
- Stable diffusion AI Checkpoints are stored in /home/ubuntu/stable-diffusion-webui/models/Stable-diffusion/
- Embeddings are stored in /home/ubuntu/stablediffusion-webui/embeddings/
- Hypernetworks are stored in /home/ubuntu/stablediffusion-webui/models/hypernetworks/
- Logs are stored in /var/log/supervisor/
How is my data encrypted?
- Once properly configured with a DNS Name and an SSL certificate, all communications with the webui are transacted over SSL/HTTPS
- All generated data is stored unecrypted on the EBS root volume by default
How can I renew my HTTPS certificate?
- The HTTPS certificate provided by the certbot script is only valid for 90 days. By default, the certificate will renew manually on a scheudled process. In order to manually renew a certificate that is expiring with 30 days, SSH to the instance and execute the command 'certbot renew'.
- More information regarding managing certificates with certbot can be found here: https://eff-certbot.readthedocs.io/en/stable/using.html#managing-certificates
How can I monitor the server health?
- The system information panel of the webui provides a variety of data including memory, vram, disk, and cpu usage.
- If the WebUI is not available you can inspect the status of the EC2 instance by:
- Navigate to your Amazon EC2 console (verify that you're in the correct region.)
- Choose 'Instance' and select your launched instance.
- Select the webUI instance to display your metadata page and choose the Status checks tab at the bottom of the page.
- Review if your status checks passed or failed.
How can I upgrade to a new version?
- In order to upgrade to a new version of the WebUI you must start a new server instance using a current version of the Marketplace AMI.
- If you wish to retain your custom webUI configurations, you can save the file stored at /home/ubuntu/stablediffusion-webui/config.json and copy it to the new server, replacing the existing file.
- If you wish to retain your generated image data, AI checkpoints, embeddings, hypernetworks, or logs, you must download them from their respective directories on the server (we recommend 'scp' or 'rsync').